On search engine optimization of blog posts, it is very important to consider the techniques that will be used. When “technique” is being mentioned in the field of writing, it simply means the way wherein technical details are dealt with and specifically with doing SEO, there are two famous methods in which content-writers could choose from in creating blog posts namely: black hat SEO and White hat SEO.
These two techniques have the same goal of generating traffic through links. Nevertheless, you are probably wondering what the difference could be between the two.
As the colors black and white are opposite, so is the two SEO techniques mentioned. Each has its own advantage and disadvantages. While the white hat strategies follow a methodology that takes after Google’s principles – especially considering the quality of the content, the black hat strategies, on the other hand, take the full opposite which is choosing a more forceful approach that isn’t reluctant in twisting or violating the guidelines.
To further explain the differences between the two SEO techniques, let us dig deep into their specific strategies.
What is Black Hat SEO?
This strategy basically aims to get higher ranks with the use of techniques that breaks the principles of Google. The following are examples of Black Hat SEO:
1. Over-Stuffing of Unrelated Words. This strategy is very effective that the more unrelated words are included in the site, the more visits possibly that site could get and then results in a generation of traffic. Even so, this case is a red flag for the search engines and sooner or later could lead to the banning of the site or penalizing to a lower rank.
2. Content-Hiding, Cloaking, and Link-Farming. The goal of these strategies is to deceptively present a different content to the visitors and search engines by including the keywords in the URL and hyphen, putting the same color of font and background, reducing the font size to zero and so on. As well, there are tricks that gather vast of unrelated links that are usually hidden from the actual site owners.
What is White Hat SEO?
This strategy generally abides by the principles implemented by Google. This strategy is affirmative with the readers since the main aim is to provide useful information and relevant contents.
1. Keywords Research and Appropriate Usage. This concerns the research and usage of the keywords that are relevant and related to the topic accordingly. These keywords, be it a single word or long-tailed phrases, are expected to be the distinguishing words viewers may use in finding the site.
2. Organized Site Structures. This is about the overall feature of the site. The organization, structure, including the meta-descriptions and the images to be used, are all part of the totality of the site. Optimizing this strategy is a great factor in showcasing the value of the content and acquiring readers, viewers, and supporters.
3. Relevant Backlinks and Internal Links. Another strategy that helps a lot in SEO is the openness of the site with the communication externally and internally. This is the method of linking and getting backlinks from the sites writing similar or related topic to yours. As well, internal linking shows the value of the site, at most 2 or 3 links per page.
4. Quality Content. Last and most important of all, this is the strategy of making the content valuable and informative for the benefit of the readers. The quality of the article itself is the basis of how it will be worthy of being liked, shared and linked. This is the most essential technique in creating an SEO blog post that is intended to be objective and long-term.
Search engine optimization is a given opportunity for the content-writers to ranks their works up high and gain traffics and subscribers. It is a process of hard work, patience and showcasing of own works with full excellence and originality. With that, the real hard-workers and principle-abiders will surely be paid off.